Code of Conduct
All Arlington-Belmont Crew participants are expected to adhere to the following code of conduct, which includes, but is not limited to, the items listed below.
While participating in Arlington-Belmont Crew programs and events:
- I will demonstrate good sporting behavior. I understand respect for other participants, coaches, officials, volunteers, other teams, and spectators is essential for amateur competition and fair play.
- I agree to attend and take part in all scheduled land and water practices and activities.
- I understand that I must be present in school in order to participate in any practice or activity that is scheduled for that day.
- I understand that if I am unable to attend a practice for any reason I will notify the coaches as soon as possible.
- I agree to accept and carry out the instructions of the coaching staff.
- I will discuss any problems of any sort that may arise with the coaching staff.
- I understand, that alcohol, controlled substances, tobacco, and weapons are prohibited.
- I will be respectful of other people’s possessions and property and will refrain from activities that cause damage to either.
- When traveling with the team for races or training, I will be respectful of other participants and all adult chaperones, realizing that my behavior affects others with whom I travel.
- I am fully aware that this is a combined program between Arlington High School and Belmont High School. I understand that I represent not only Arlington-Belmont Crew, but also these high schools on and off the water.
- I will follow all rules and policies pertaining to students/athletics set up by the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletics Association (MIAA) and Arlington High School or Belmont High School (as appropriate to the town in which I reside).
In general, we ask that participants never do anything which will have an adverse effect on his or her ability to perform, or create an unfavorable impression of his/herself or Arlington-Belmont Crew.
NOTE: This is for reference only. Athletes and parents agree to this policy as part of the registration process.